Welcome to the home page of Dr. Sitaram Dixit
Dr. Sitaram Dixit
Chairman - Consumer Guidance Society of India (CGSI)
Independent Professional Consultant - Fragrances, Home, Fabric, & Personal Care Chemical Industry
- PhD awarded for research on, functional chemistry of natural essential oils.
- M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry, and
- Post Graduate in Operations Research for Management from Bombay University
29 Years Industrial experience; Held executant managerial postings in Household & Personal Care Chemical Industry in
- Hindustan Lever Limited as In-charge of Soaps Development Pilot Plant
- Hindustan Ciba-Geigy Limited as Technical Services Manager
- International Flavours & Fragrances India Limited as Senior Manager Technical Fragrance Development & Applications
- S. H. Kelkar & Company Pvt. Limited as Corporate Manager (Fragrances)
- Oriental Aromatics Limited as President Flavor & Fragrance Division
During his professional career, Sitaram has handled departments like,
- Quality control & Quality assurance,
- Detergents, Soaps, and Glycerine manufacture,
- Vegetable fat splitting, oil expelling, extraction and hydrogenation
- Soya food milk supplements manufacture and analysis,
- Fragrance creation /Blending, Fragrance Applications & Evaluations,
- Agrochemicals & Effluent treatment,
- Production plant commissioning & Project management,
- Manpower Planning, Distribution and Logistics,
- Formulation Research & Development,
- Technical Services, Marketing & New Business development
Sitaram Dixit has published more than 100 papers in Scientific Chemical Industry Journals of National and International repute.
Sitaram was the Member of "Technical Advisory Committee for Essential Oils" at Small Industries Services Institute, Ministry of Industries, Government of India whose main objective was to prepare an action plan for systemic and sustainable growth, provide technological inputs to "Small and Medium Enterprises" to prepare quality up-gradation and capacity building plans for the essential oils industry sector.
Sitaram is a member of the GOVERNING BODY of THE BUREAU OF INDIAN STANDARDS (BIS), and various Divisional and Sectional Committees, concerned with the framing of ‘Indian National Standards', namely
- Chemical Division Council (CHDC),
- Petroleum, Coal, & Related Products, Divisional Council (PCDC),
- Foods & Drugs Divisional Council, (FAD)
- Production & General Engineering Divisional Council (PGDC)
Sitaram is an honorary visiting faculty for
- Technology Resources Programs, with MSME Institute, FFDC, Ministry of Industries, Government of India,
- Post Graduate Diploma, in Analytical Chemistry, Perfumery and Cosmetics Management, Mumbai University,
- B. Tech (Oils & Fats) as "Professor J. G. Kane Memorial Visiting Professorship in Chemical Technology" at ICT (UDCT)
- M.Tech. (Perfumery & Flavours) at Institute of Chemical Technology ICT, (UDCT)
Sitaram Dixit is a member of the Academic Council (Cosmetic Technology) in the Board of Studies of Nagpur University.
He is the Hon. Technical Editor of ‘Soaps, Detergents & Toiletries Review', and Hon. Convener of ‘SCODET Asia' and ‘Oil Technologist Association of India' conferences. He is a member of the editorial board of ‘Flavour and Fragrance Association of India', & ‘Sugandh India'
Sitaram Dixit is a ‘Life member' and ‘Chairman' of the ‘Consumer Guidance Society of India'.